Certification of Wind Turbines
WindGuard Certification offers you the entire range of services for successful certification – onshore and offshore.
Accredited by the German Accreditation Body (DAkkS) according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17065, WindGuard Certification is an independent certification body for wind turbines and other renewable energies. We also operate our own accredited testing laboratory according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025.
Our 20 employees have more than 100 years of combined experience in the renewable energy sector and more than 50 years of combined experience in certification
Range of services
- Certification of electrical characteristics
- Certification of power generation units (PGU) and components
- Certification of power generation plants (PGP)
- Type certification according to DIBt, EN/ISO 61400-22 and OD- 501
- Project certification according to BSH, EN/ISO 61400-22 and OD-502
- Site specific design assessment (SSDA)
- Test laboratory for grid characteristics including Fault-Ride-Through (FRT)
- Test equipment construction
- Certification for lifetime extension
- Other services and testing
Experience and Expertise
WindGuard Certification brings many years of industry insight, a great deal of experience and sound specialist knowledge of the relevant standards. You also benefit from the synergies and wealth of experience of the WindGuard Group. Within this group, we have access to know-how and expertise from a wide range of disciplines – including consulting, due diligence, site analysis, surveying and many more.
The national and international recognition of WindGuard Certification's expertise is also expressed in our membership to IECRE as well as numerous specialist committees that deal with the creation of certification and testing standards. Since 2018, WindGuard Certification has also been recognised by the Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency (BSH) as a certification body (Prüfbeauftragter) for offshore projects.
For additional information, please visit the WindGuard Certification website >>>.